PLACEMENT COMPARISON 2019/ 2021
The recruitment industry may have taken a knock during the pandemic but recruiters have found innovative ways to restore business and nurture quality candidates. Our reports show a positive upward trend in placements and we expect 2022 to surprise us with new opportunities and a further increase in placement stats.
- 2019: Shows consistent and predictable Permanent Placements throughout the year with a spike between Aug & Sept, true to year on year trends.
- 2020: Begins with a consistent start but tragedy strikes unexpectedly with the announcement of the Covid19 lock-down. Miraculously recruiters get up to start their climb and end the year off to a very respectful close.
- 2021: The strong close enables a fast start to the year. At many points, record numbers are achieved as a reward for resilience, adaptability and discipline. A window of opportunity is evident in the last quarter of 2021.
- 2019: Temp stats are in line with a predictable temporary staffing market.
- 2020: Whilst the recruiters concentrating on Perm Placements suffer, Temp Placements are in demand as employers need to pivot quickly and seek new skills. Medical locum positions also owe to the significant spike in this period.
- 2021: As the sectors begin to recover, there is still much uncertainty with employers and candidates. Even with recovery, temp roles remain in high demand. Change has become the new norm and many employers feel the benefit of employing top skills when they need.
- 2020: Delivers contract workers a massive blow, with many contracts being cut short and simply not renewed.
- 2019: Contract stats are in line with previous years, usually taking on a familiar shape across months. This is down to contract positions being more popular in some months than in others based on demand of expertise for projects and renewals of contracts.
- 2021: To the relief of contract workers, employers begin to resume with large projects with confidence to invest in the expertise needed.