This week, Shirley interviewed Placement Partner’s Senior Operations Manager, Noeline McComb and she offered up a wealth of sound, practical tips which will serve as sage advice, not only for Recruiters, but us all.
Noeline has been making things happen behind the scenes of Placement Partner for more than a decade and she is well-known for taking action and getting things done! This interview is all about getting ready to leap out from behind the safety car and take the lead as soon as the obstacles have been cleared.
What can recruiters do to BE READY?
Noeline aptly pointed out that most of us are already halfway there – Rearing to go and eager to get back to working life as soon as possible! Here is a quick recap of her top tips –
- Be positive and ensure your mindset is where it should be.
- Put the negativity, media and scary statistics behind you and regain focus on your business.
- Recruiters in particular should start working HARD on all the incoming candidates. Ensure all the groundwork is covered as far as searching, screening and preparation is concerned.
- Next, get your clients excited about your talent pool.
Get back to the basics and do them really well. Remember there is no need to overthink things or try to get too fancy as a response to stress.
How can leaders mobilize their teams for action?
Leaders should start with leading by example, ensuring that they are working in flow rather than becoming frantic. Positivity is key! Next, you need to engage with your entire team around the following:
- Reflect with your team regularly in order to gather ideas and share what you have learnt.
- Adjust your processes with the team’s input and ensure that these changes are then clearly communicated with the whole team.
- If necessary, due to staff and process changes, redefine the roles and responsibilities of each member.
- Review your cash flow and involve the team in finding solutions to cut costs or grow the bottomline.
- Use this time to expand your knowledge of your system and all the tools it offers you.
- And very importantly, create a good team environment.
What’s the first step to take if we haven’t started yet?
In our current situation, it really is vital that we cycle back to the beginning of this initiative and REFUEL – Check in with your people and make sure that they are ok. Remove the anxieties and have an open discussion to get everyone refocused on work and the goals at hand.