This week, we enter the fourth phase of our client support initiative – Keep Going. Shirley spoke with Placement Partner Key Account Manager Lezanne Meyer to get her take on how recruiters can build the necessary resilience to keep pushing through the difficult times.
Not only has Lezanne been a member of the Placement Partner team going on 7 years now, she has first hand recruitment experience having worked as a recruiter before she joined the team. This provides Lezanne with a deeper understanding of the challenges and frustrations faced by recruiters in their day-to-day lives.
What are your clients’ needs during this time?
At this stage, the top priority of all recruiters is to provide their clients with top quality candidates as quickly and effectively as possible. The need for technology and effectiveness within the team is extremely important.
Lezanne strives to consider the view of each specific role within the recruitment team, taking into account the fact that business owners, managers, recruiters and even administrators all face different challenges and have unique needs. Her experience makes it easier for her to relate, to understand their challenges and to guide them in achieving their goals.
One point of focus is to get each member of the team working with their tools and technology as efficiently as possible, using every advantage afforded by the system to gain a competitive edge.
What is your top tip for recruiters right now?
It is important for all people, at all levels of the operation to remember that each day is a new opportunity to create value – Use your unique talents to be the very best version of yourself everyday. Even if you only check one item off of your to-do list, make sure that you give it your all and do it as well as you possibly can.
What does it really mean to ‘Keep Going’?
- No matter what happens, keep pushing on – when challenges arise and things get difficult, don’t take it lying down. Keep your fighting spirit alive and if need be, use the opportunity to try something new. It may well be the thing which sets you apart and allows you to get ahead in the future.
- It’s also a great idea to tap into a source of positivity in your life – Find someone in your support system who you can lean on and who will keep you motivated when you’re having a bad day.
- Never stop believing that your efforts will produce positive results eventually and bear in mind that not all positive results are financial. There are many other ways in which you can create and share value.
- Bear in mind that we are all in the same boat. Don’t convince yourself that you are falling behind. You still have just as much of a chance to make it through as anyone else does.
- Remember that recruiters are and always have been strong, driven, independent people. We’re tough and when the going gets tough, we get going!
If you need a positive person to tap into or someone to speak to about new ideas to reach your goals, then Lezanne is just the person to talk to. Her energy is contagious and she has a massive wealth of knowledge to share.
Another great way to generate and share positivity is through networking. Register here to join us for our next webinar and connect with other recruiters. We’ll be discussing ways to motivate and inspire your team to keep going.