As a recruiter, there are many balls to juggle. At any given time, we will be managing several client relationships with unique priorities, co-ordinating candidate’s diaries and keeping up with the daily grind like planning, being a team player, staying top of company events and procedures, up-skilling, marketing, networking, calls and of course life.
As a team leader and manager, it is all the above for your entire team plus the leadership, management, and strategic aspect of the role.
At Placement Partner, our team are goal setting fanatics, and we practice every day at developing disciplines that support “success rhythms”. Daily and weekly rhythms of work and rest are foundational for optimum performance, good health, and overall well being.
One of the tools we find critical to support our methodology is the REMINDERS MODULE in our very own Placement Partner Recruitment Software. We call this our “digital diary”, and it keeps us organised, optimal and honest to our goals and our shared company vision.
TOP TIP 1: Review your reminders daily.
– Whilst it is easy to set up manual reminders throughout the day, reminders are automated throughout the system as it follows your recruitment process from generating a new client, creating a vacancy, shortlisting, interviews, placements and even post placement activity follows ups!
– If you are an outlook or Gmail calendar fan, no problem. Your reminders can be pulled into your calendars seamlessly. Personally, I leave task reminder to stay within the system only and pull my client meetings and interviews into my calendar.
– Now that you have a good idea of the priorities for the day, you can be creative around that.
– Of course, if you are a team leader or manager, you can view your team’s detailed reminders, also linked to the history of each candidate and client. This allows for informative and value-added coaching and support conversations.
TOP TIP 2: Mark your reminders off as complete and set new reminders.
– There is no better reward than the feeling of marketing a task as complete. It’s the best feeling to reflect back and see all that lovely green text saying “completed”. It is the mark of a productive day.
TOP TIP 3: Keep the discipline.
– The definition of discipline is to train oneself to do something in a controlled and habitual way.
– The number one way to achieve discipline is to remove distractions, so prioritising the tasks and meetings that are integral to your workflow and of paramount importance to achieving your recruitment KPI’s, you are a step ahead.
– Discipline comes from having a mindset of intention and practice. Nothing beautiful ever came from a lack of discipline. Art and music are disciplines in themselves because it takes practice, hard work and sacrifice to make any piece worth listening to or looking at. Recruitment success is our discipline and one that needs to be practised daily.
Are you looking to take a proactive step to dial up your recruitment efforts?
Follow Placement Partner on social media for top tips, recruitment learning content and new updates!